Bands Tab: Viewing your band set
After creating your band sets, you will see your draft bands:
There are 2 primary sections of the draft bands:
- The job
- The family (as selected in the Bands Creation Wizard)
- The levels(Pave will make all P1-P6 and M3-M6 levels by default)
- The payzone (as selected in the Bands Creation Wizard)
- The band
- The Pay Min
- The Pay Mid
- The Pay Max
- The visualization of the band
- The blue line represents the band mid
- The light blue bars represent the min and max
- The visualization of the band may also include dots that represent employees and how they fall into their band; note that these are Pave’s predictions for which job family & level your employees fall into, and they may be incorrect. You will have the opportunity to correct them as part of this process.
- The dotted black line represents the raw benchmarking data for that band. In many cases, this will be the band midpoint; however, in some cases, the Band Creation tool overrides the raw benchmarking data and recommends an alternative band midpoint. This is part of Pave’s band smoothing process, which ensures that all bands within a job family are the right “shape” (for instance, that the P1 band midpoint is always less than the P2 band midpoint).
Each job is tied to a band based on the selections you made in the band creation wizard.
Chart view allows you to filter down to just one set of bands and view and edit that subset of bands.
Click The View button to switch between Table View and Chart View:
From this view, you can apply the same sort of edits — update the market data this band pulls from, edit the band shape, etc. — but they only apply to the band set that is visible (as opposed to all bands). You cannot update payzones on the chart view.
Employees Tab: View & Edit your Employees Mapped to Bands
Pave will predict which job family & level your employees are associated with based on the information from your HRIS. By default, we place all employees in your primary payzone. We use those predictions to tie an employee to their corresponding band.
Update which job family, level & payzone the employee maps to on the Employees tab. Confirm or change the corresponding job family, level & payzone for each employee to ensure they are mapped to the correct compensation band.
Pay special attention to any employees that are “Unmatched” as Pave’s prediction model was able to predict a job family or a level for that employee, so they are not currently mapped to a band.
As you change the family, level and payzone, the band visualization will change to show you how the employee maps to that band. Pave does not make bands for Executive (E) levels — executives will not be mapped to a band.