There are four options when manually uploading bands. The admin will need to upload a new CSV to create a bands set, and to update or replace the current band set:
- Create new bands - Existing bands will not be deleted
- Update existing bands - Existing bands will not be deleted. Use when:
- Changing many bands at once
- Where in-line editing becomes too cumbersome
- Applying a formula to all bands
- Editing the job identifiers or HRIS fields
- Replace all bands - All existing bands will be overwritten
Add bands to existing band set in app (not via upload) - Add bands to your band set directly in Pave, no CSV upload needed
Create New Bands
Using this feature will allow you to add new bands to an existing bands set. This is in contrast to replacing the entire bands set. Use this option when you create a new band set. To do this, you will follow steps for manually creating new band sets.
Using this feature will allow you to update existing bands in the existing bands set. This is in contrast to replacing the entire bands set. Use this option when you create several new bands and would like to add them to the existing bands set, or when you need to bulk update bands in the existing bands set.
To do this, you will follow the same flow as when manually updating band sets, but limit the data in the CSV solely to the bands you are adding or updating.
To replace bands, in a separate CSV editor, add the required values for each row in the generated bands CSV. As a reminder, each row must have a distinct combination of Function, Ladder, and Ladder Rank (and Payzone, if using location-based pay) as well as distinct HRIS fields. A CSV upload that does not contain the exact columns checked in the Band Set Configuration will need to be re-uploaded.
Once a CSV is successfully uploaded to the band set, the Band Admin will be able to edit, publish and share the band set.
Add bands to existing band set in app (not via upload)
- Open the band set where you want to add a band
- Click on the "New+" button (insert attached screenshot)
- Fill out the necessary band information in each column
- Click "Save" in the most right column