First, copy your live bands to create a draft band set to update with market data. Then, you’re ready to upload your market data and bulk associate it to your bands.
Upload your market data
- Go to your Bands main page and then to the “Data Sources” tab
- Upload the data by pressing on the “Upload Survey” button and selecting your Market Data
- Map all relevant columns that do not auto map for either Base Pay, Total Pay, or both
- Job Code (required)
- Currency (required)
- Percentiles (at least one data point required)
- Job Country (optional)
- Breakout (optional)
- Additional Job Info and Data Information (optional)
- Company count
- Employee count
Bulk associate your bands to market data
To individually associate market data to your band, see How to edit your market data. To bulk associate your bands to market data, you can follow these steps or work with your Implementation Manager.
Complete the bulk association csv template
Download the bulk associations csv template
Fill out the CSV with the related survey data per band, see example here
- Job Code
- Target Percentile - must be represented as p50 if 50th percentile or p60 if 60th percentile
- Survey Location Breakout - exactly as it’s represented in the survey, e.g. US - SF Bay Area
- Survey Breakout - if relevant, e.g. Peer Group Name, exactly as it is in the survey
- Pay Type - must be represented as “basepay” or “totalcash”
- Weight - include “1” in the csv
If you are associating multiple percentiles of the same or different job code to a single band:
- Copy the band row and include the secondary or tertiary market data info, with the relative weight.
- Update the weight for each additional row. You can think of weights as ratios, so if you had two benchmarks each with 1 weight, they would be weighted equally. If you wanted to weight one at 60% and the other at 40% you could add 6 and 4 or a ratio of 3 and 2.
If you use multiple surveys, you’ll would download the same bulk association template, and include this information for each additional survey.
You’ll also be able to easily view and edit your market data associations individually in the product.
Upload the bulk association csv
- To upload your completed bulk association csv, go to the Market Data tab on the band set to associate market data with those bands
- Select upload csv - and choose from “Add or Update Associations” and “Replace Associations” depending on your intended outcome
- Add or Updates Associations: Add new associations or update existing associations. Existing slice associations will not be deleted.
- Replace Associations: Replace all associations in the band set. All existing associations will be overridden
- Select the survey you want to bulk associate your bands to
- Note: If you use multiple surveys, you will need to upload a different association files for each band set
Once the above steps have been set up, you are ready to reprice your bands!