What you will learn in this article
- Impersonation allows admins to view Pave and take action from the perspective of other users
- Initiate impersonation from your Pave portal by selecting a user from Settings > Users and clicking “impersonate” in the top right corner
- End impersonation & return to your portal by clicking “Stop” in the orange banner at the top of your screen
What is Impersonation?
Impersonation allows Pave admins to view Pave as if they were logged in as another user.
Through impersonating, Admins are able to troubleshoot easily such as reviewing a manager’s rollup in Total Rewards, and unblock quickly such as submitting compensation changes on behalf of an unavailable manager in the Compensation Planner.
Impersonation allows Admin users to:
Move faster by previewing Pave from your employees’ perspectives: Impersonators can instantly see what other users in their workspace can see (including employees and comp data), which enables quick and easy testing, validation, and troubleshooting when required.
Unblock your team by taking actions on behalf of others. Impersonators can take actions on behalf of the impersonated user, which saves time and unblocks process for Admins when a user is lagging on a required task.
Supported Impersonation Actions
While impersonating a user, you are able to perform any actions that the impersonated user is able to do in Pave, on behalf of the impersonated user. These actions include:
- Viewing them & any part of their rollup (if applicable) in Total Rewards & Team View
- Submitting & Approving compensation changes for a user’s employees in Compensation Planner
- Creating & Viewing offers managed by that User for the Visual Offer Letter
How to Impersonate a User
2. Click “Impersonate” (the eye icon) on the user’s record. Your page will reload as the impersonated user’s portal.
3. You’ll see a banner at the top of your page while impersonating other users. To stop impersonating, click “Stop” in the banner.
Who can I impersonate?
Pave admin users are able to impersonate any other employee within their company. Impersonating candidates who have received a Visual Offer Letter from your company is not supported.
*Note: You are not able to impersonate other users with impersonate capabilities.
Who is able to impersonate?
Impersonation is available for admin roles. To enable impersonation for any non-admin user, contact Pave support here!
Can I act on another’s behalf while impersonating them?
Yes – while impersonating, you’re able to take actions on the impersonated user’s behalf. Any actions taken will be taken as the impersonated user (if you make changes to an employee in the Compensation Planner while impersonating someone else, those changes will appear to be submitted by the impersonated user, rather than yourself.)
Am I able to change another user’s permissions or login credentials while impersonating?
No – you won’t be able to make changes to permissions nor account credentials while impersonating another user.
How do I know if I’m impersonating someone else?
While impersonating another user, you’ll see an orange banner at the top of your window stating the user you’re impersonating.
Can I impersonate another user in one page while having other Pave tabs open?
No – it’s recommended to keep only one Pave tab open while impersonating. You will be operating as the impersonated user on any other open tabs, as well.